Moore’s legacy impacts, gives back to students

Katelyn Prendergast, For the Review

Parker Moore is honored with the new Parker Moore scholarship, which is available for Linfield College students.

Sophomore, junior and senior Linfield full time students who are in good academic standing are eligible to apply for the $2,500 scholarship. Applications are available for both the McMinnville and Portland campuses.

The scholarship will be applied to Linfield tuition and fees for the 2015-16 academic year.

The Parker Archie Moore Endowed Scholarship Fund was created to provide support to deserving Linfield students. It is aimed to support students who demonstrate qualities, characteristics, and interests similar to Moore.

The scholarship is in memory of Parker Archie Moore, a business management major, resident advisor, member of the Linfield football team and friend to many. Moore died from a random and unprovoked act of violence in November 2014.

He is remembered for many things, but his smile, faith and friendship inspired many.

Applicants will be evaluated on their leadership activities, involvement in co-curricular activities, ability to overcome hardship or adversity, and a statement of how they intend to “pay it forward” and make a difference in the world.

The scholarship is open for applications and closes on Nov. 16.

Students may retrieve the scholarship at the Financial Aid Office, Office of Student Affairs, by contacting Keri Dixon, [email protected] or Lisa Burch, [email protected].

For more information, students may contact Institutional Advancement at 503-883-2217 or [email protected].