Wildcats blow out Bruins

Alec Wisthoff, Sports editor

Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor Sophomore Eric Douglass III tries to dodge George Fox University's football players with ball in hand. By this point in the game, the score was 28-0. This game was on October 11 at Maxwell Field.
Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor
Sophomore Eric Douglass III tries to dodge George Fox University’s football players with ball in hand. By this point in the game, the score was 28-0. This game was on October 11 at Maxwell Field.

The Linfield Wildcats gave the home crowd a game to celebrate about. The ‘Cats started out slow in the first quarter going three and out in their first two possessions and making a fumble recovery on their second possession. It wasn’t until there was 8:34 left on the clock in the first quarter that Linfield would start their route of George Fox.

In the George Fox’s next possession quarterback Gran Schroeder would throw an interception  to senior Jordan Giza, who returned it for 16 yards. Just three plays later sophomore quarterback Sam Riddle would run five yards to bring the score to 14-0 after the extra point.

On George Fox’s next possession Gran Schroeder would throw another interception that was caught by senior Mike Nardoni and returned 32 yards for a touchdown. Just moments later on the kickoff George Fox would fumble the football on the kickoff return and would be recovered by Linfield. After a George Fox penalty junior Tavon Willis would carry the ball 14 yards into the end zone making the score 28-0 after the extra point.

George Fox would end up going four and out on their next possession, giving Linfield plenty of time to run up the score. After eight plays and  56 yards Riddle would find senior Evan Peterson in the end zone making the score 35-0 after the extra point.

Linfield would end the first quarter with 35 points and would proceed to score 10 points in the second quarter and a touchdown in both the third and fourth quarter.

Linfield’s defense pressured the George Fox offense forcing six sacks and three interceptions.

Linfield looks to continue their march towards a conference title next week against Whitworth on Saturday Oct. 18 at Maxwell Field.

Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor Sophomore Bryan Cassil sprints away from George Fox players after receiving the ball in the fourth quarter. By the fourth quarter, Linfield's Wildcats were winning by 52 points.
Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor
Sophomore Bryan Cassil sprints away from George Fox players after receiving the ball in the fourth quarter. By the fourth quarter, Linfield’s Wildcats were winning by 52 points.
Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor Sophomore Kaleo Yanai runs back to the middle of the field with the ball in hand in the fourth quarter.
Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor
Sophomore Kaleo Yanai runs back to the middle of the field with the ball in hand in the fourth quarter.
Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor Linfield College Wildcats show their spirit and pride as the game begins.
Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor
Linfield College Wildcats show their spirit and pride as the game begins.